Followers

MASRY!!!

My questions has just been answered. I asked my friends a few weeks ago that do they like their current President, Hosni Mobarak. With proud and dignity they unhesitantly replied, "Hell no!". So I started to get curious and asked most of my class the same question. The answer was the same. Then I asked a more clear-headed, smart person who can give the term correctly. He said he that was the cause of the downfall in Egypt, ruling for about 3 decades.

Tahrir Sq.

My friend told me that there was gonna be a demonstration that day. So I thought it was gonna be like a presentation or something. Surprisingly, I was hoping for it, you know I always look at the positive side rather than the negative and hoping it was a 'Happy' demonstration.

I can't recall the first day they demonstrated. Though, the number increased each day, by that I mean the protesters. I think about 50,000 protesters were in Cairo. The whole country is in chaos. A few weeks ago, a Church blew up. Which intertwined the brotherhood of Egyptian Muslims and Christians. The protesters said that they're united, whatever the religion  is, they're together to have Hosni Mobarak step down as the President of Egypt which his President career spans for over 3 decades.

That's not the reason I'm pissed off. No, the communications are cut except the landlines connection. Internet and mobile phone connection are cut. Urggghhhh!!! Hosni Mobarak cut off almost everything the protesters need to interact with each other.

The opposition leader is Mohamed El-Baradai. he doesn't go out to the field. He gives encouragement to the protesters and also stated that the demonstration that have begun won't stop until Hosni Mobarak step down. Which will never happen until he dies, Egyptians are arrogant. All of the police have been redeployed except the one is Tahrir Sq. It's been replaced by the army, tougher. Oh yea, Mubarak also appointed to new Vice President and Prime Minister. Think this is gonna work? me neither. The recent news says that he'll be the President till September.

I saw on the news that Mubarak met US President, Barack Obama. They talked and Obama gave a speech saying  Mobarak promise to protect Egypt and will be more financially secure. The opposition leader also stated something really obvious and logical, "Egypt need to catch up with the other countries, we are way behind". It just penetrated my mind. The statement is just the bitter truth. The protesters also brought along their children saying that there's a better future for them. We saw the air force planes swifting through the sky. The plane was so low that we can even see the cockpit. I guess it's just something to scare the protesters eh?

Police disguised as normal citizens and arresting the protesters
My whole family moved to the embassy so the evacuation will be quick. My dad already got permission from Malaysia that he can return to Malaysia. You know....this and that...it's not confirmed. We may not even go back. Meh, now that the internet is back, I'm posting this. For those who are in Malaysia that are worried about us, watch the video below. Oh yea, Husni, give back my damn flash drive!

2 Response to "MASRY!!!"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    From paklang:
    Ceritakan jugak pengalaman keluarga Johari ketika demonstrasi yg berlaku. Susah ke hidup... ke macam biasa je... nak tau jugak tu.

  2. Hilmi Johari Says:

    we live in an isolated island..so..cam biasa je. tak dpt nk gi tahrir square. umi xbg..T_T

Post a Comment